Friday 31 May 2013

Hibernating..

I haven't been around much lately as I've been feeling quite poorly for a while now. Unfortunately my crafting has temporarily ground to a halt....and I'm not a happy little bird when that happens :(

But... I have had a few lovely crafting projects over the past few months that I haven't shown you yet so I can show you those. But before all that..look at this beautiful little egg! It's a house sparrows and we found it half eaten on our garden bench...my mum nearly sat on it in fact! The nest belongs to a Goldfinch, I found it in the hedge a few months ago after the hedge cutter had brutally chopped it all down.



I've also been trying my hand at painting furniture, I started with this printers tray and I'm painting an old kitchen dresser..they are all unfinished...but I can't be ill forever right...!? So hopefully I will continue to glam them up in the near future.
I was busy making stock for Summer craft fairs, including these butterfly brooches, made with the most scrummy vintage fabric.
 and my most lovely new venture was into quilt making. I went on a day workshop a few weeks ago and it was soooo lovely! A whole day of just sewing and chatting and making something just for me :) it is also unfinished but I will get round to finishing off soon. The course was at the Liskeard Craft Box shop.. I thoroughly recommend it!
and is the the suspected culprit of my latest illness...I used to think they were so beautiful..I'm not such a fan now. There is a down side to living on a farm sometimes :(


Sorry this has been a bit of a 'poor me' post..I admit I am feeling rather sorry for myself lately. I'm glad to say that the Doctors may have found out why I've been feeling so exhausted and run down. I can't quite remember what the doctor said but it was something to do with having inflammation of the lungs and a few other infections...I am quite a little grotty bird at the moment. So this half deaf, wheezing, knackered little bird may not be around for a while..but don't forget about me..I'll be back. I will come and visit you lovely blogs when I get a chance later. 

Take Care my lovelies
Enjoy the Sun
xxxx

23 comments:

  1. Sending get well wishes and hoping your feeling more like yourself again soon. The quilt looks beautiful ... Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Sarah x I can't wait to finish the quilt so I can have it out on show! :)

      Delete
  2. Sending hugs your way for a speedy sorting out and regaining energy + oomph!!
    Cx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much...I am very much in need of some oomph! x

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear you are not well... Maybe a bit more warmth and sunshine will help...
    I can sent you some warmth, but the sunshine will be difficult...;-)
    Love from Mirjam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mirjam! It has in fact been very sunny the past few days..so maybe you did manage to send it :)

      Delete
  4. Let's hope some warm weather might lift the spirits a bit - hugs x Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane..and yes Sunshine definately helps! :)

      Delete
  5. Urgh hope the lurgy goes soon. The butterfly brooches look lovely. Eleanor xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eleanor..its been a yukky few months but I'm feeling on the up again today..I think the drugs are starting to work! :)

      Delete
  6. sorry to read you have been so unwell, here is wishing you a speedy recovery. Good to see you have got the quilting bug, I started a few months ago and have to admit my embroidery has taken second place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret, I think I will find it highly addictive! I'm already planning a quilt for my bed and the kids beds..It's lovely just sorting through all the fabrics picking out which ones to use. I quite like the idea of combining freehand embroidery and hand embroidery on the quilt panels! x

      Delete
  7. Oh sorry to hear you are feeling so miserable ... hope you are all better again very soon ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. thankyou Bee! Feeling quite a bit better today :)

      Delete
  8. Oh no, hope you start to pick up soon....send me your address and I'll get on with that swap, cheer you up! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thankyou lovely..will sort yours out too xx

      Delete
  9. Oh poor poor you...

    I also now need your address...because I have been working my fingers to the bone.....?? and have some little friends to send down your way

    ....If you are up to it...email me....

    lots os love and get well wishes...

    Ps... i hate that rape seed stuff too it makes my throat sore and my eyes itch...its all around us here....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou Miss Daisy! ...oh dear your poor fingers! I am so very excited though! Ive emailed you xxx

      Delete
  10. Hope you feel better soon. Love the nest and eggs so beautiful. x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you're back to your old self soon....that flipping rape seed is all around me as well, and really affects me!! Hopefully it will be harvested soon...Love the quilt by the way, very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I absolutely love your vintage butterfly fabric. And, the house sparrow egg is so pretty and sweet. Get well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh, poor you. I wish you lived a tad nearer to proper roads and i wasn't such a chicken with my car. I would bring you a wheat free cake or something to cheer you up.
    I have had runny eye explosions what with the pollen too, so i feel a bit of your pain. Looks like im permenantly crying. which i am but not because im sad.
    well hope your better soon x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...