Wednesday 5 December 2012

ChiLLy Winter Fairs

Hello folks....are you feeling festive yet? I'm really not quite feeling the Christmas vibe yet..I've been too busy scheming and dreaming and I really need to get my Christmas mojo going and get the decorations up atleast!

Here's some photos from the last Fair I did with Chloe from Woolly Soup . It was rather a long day and sales were none too good for me   edit!!! What a moaning mini I am...what I should say is that our stall looked amazing and its really good practice to set up and arrange things and to see what people are drawn to...even if they don't actually buy anything. I'm sorry for being such a grouch dear Chloe...it was lovely to spend a day with you and the other fabulous craftsters and I'm annoyed at myself for making excuses that sound like they have come from a 5 year old...I think I was just tired and a bit disheartened. It really wasn't that bad and a lot of effort had gone into planning it and with a bit of extra help it could become a great little craft fair. 

but alas I'm still now desperately seeking to grab a pitch at another fair before Christmas...pretty short notice but you never know!
Owls are by Chloe at Woolly Soup

Fabulous art dolls by Chloe (Woolly Soup)
Kids Clothes by Woolly Soup & Tails by me!

The Christmas Fair had a Victorian theme so I thought I'd rustle up a bit of Victorian Costume. It also served to keep me warm as I had 3 skirts on!

I was very excited to send of my first internet order...this little nest brooch is on its merry little way to London.
and these jolly Owls are off to new homes too...
 and another tail for a very sweet little girl...I sewed a rose bud bow onto the ear for extra cuteness!
phew...its no wonder I'm feeling a tad shattered and my house looks like a tip!! It's a busy busy time of year indeed.

Wishing you all festive greetings and hope you enjoy lots of Winter warming mulled wine and mince pies....yummmm

Love Dotty
xxx 








16 comments:

  1. These are just so lovely stuff.
    Best of luck for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look divine in your outfit,loving the hat too!
    d x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou..I was a bit gutted when my daughter Mya spotted the feather in the hat and decided that she REALLY wanted to play with it all day...so I didn't get to wear it :(

      Delete
  3. Hi, glad you sold something on line. That should get the ball rolling. I love those brooches of yours. The fair was very long and cold and I feel bad you didn't do as well as you had hoped. I guess its hard to beat your last stall the day before this one. You did so well there anything else was bound to be a let down. I am still looking for one more stall to cram in before crimbo so will let you know if i'm successful, take care see you soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm over it now but having trouble finding a fair with a space left...I think its too last minute :( not to worry, atleast we are fully stocked and ready to go next year!

      Delete
  4. Hey bird!! nice blog!! plus happy winter to u too!!
    Do follow me at http://makeupbeewithcrazyme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou, I'll come check your blog out later :)

      Delete
  5. what a shame sales did not fly out of the door, I suppose everyone is feeling the pinch and I must admit if I manage to find interesting fairs I go more to see what has been made and get ideas rather than buy, must admit it would have been very hard to resist some of your goodies, figers crossed for a better fair next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thankyou! It was a bit gutting but I know that most folk are pretty skint at the moment. (I do exactly the same at craft fairs!)

      Delete
  6. you look amazing! I love it when everyone makes an effort and dresses the part. I'm gradually getting into the Christmas mood, i've done pretty much all my shopping! Just need to get the decs out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou, I do LOVE dressing up! Any excuse will do! any my, how organised..I'm the other extreme and have bought/made nothing yet! waaaah!

      Delete
  7. Your table looks wonderful and I love all your crafts. The costume looks cute. You are amazing, great post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...