Wednesday 27 June 2012

all life is change...

With no particular goal in mind, I began sewing this morning and this appeared! I've been trying to think of my favourite sayings and things that inspire me and hopeefully inspire others too. 
I always like the messiness of the underside of work. Here's a peek at the hidden mess!

tidying up the edges to use the hoop as a frame
It's the first times in years that I've used a hoop to sew in. I'd grown a bit lazy and have been using stitch & tear to stabilise the fabric but I'd forgotton how much easier it is to sew in a hoop. Although you are restricted by the size of the hoop and the length of the sewing machine arm, it was well worth the effort. My brain is overloaded with ideas so I'm not sure where the next sewing trip will take me. 

All done in the peace of  my mess/studio room on yet another misty rainy Cornish summer day with fabulous tunes by PJ Harvey and Connan Mockasin playing in the background...bliss! 

 Love, Light & Laughter
Lisa

10 comments:

  1. Lovely! Nice to see you doing different stuff all the time xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers, It's good to break away from doing the same old stuff and work through some of the backlog of ideas that have been milling about for years! I need more hoops now though! doh!

      Delete
  2. wow, i love it! beautiful work.

    i'm a fan of the mess on the back, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, its nice to see the work behind the scenes. I love to see the messy bits of art, the sketchbooks and pieces that went wrong. I find it reassuring! :)

      Delete
  3. Mess on the back? Really? Oh dear, never look at my crafting will you?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love doing that! Just sitting down to sew or stitch or with the urge to make something and before you know it you've created something lovely. Your design and quote are very nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou and welcome JennyPennyPoppy! It's always good when it turns out well, quite often it doesn't, but I learn as much from the mistakes...or so I keep telling myself! :)

      Delete
  5. Thats beautiful. I like your motto xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...