Monday 13 June 2011

Sew many owls..

Was busy last night (faffing about on computer..ahem) and making this for fathers day. I do have a mild obsession with owls, although I know I'm not the only one, there are alot of bird crazed crafters out there!.
Then this one, not sure if  "Wise Old Owl" may offend a not so young recipient, but it would do nicely for grandads and the like!
The inspiration blatently came from these lovely lot...
from the polkadotshop on etsy.com

...and these little fella's I made for M a while back. The first (rather scrappy) one is the Mama and baby J bird and then M demanded another Daddy and M bird.

The M bird has wings! (random pouch is a new genetic adaptation!?)
 I came across this old rhyme the other day, it was featured on a poster in Country Living magazine.
A wise old owl lived in an oak
The more he saw the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard.
Why can't we all be like that wise old bird
As Alice once said "But that's just the trouble with me. I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it."  Lewis Carroll

cheerio x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...