Sunday 22 May 2011

Cakes, Breaks & Proms

More Cake..?
 I think the universe is trying to tell me something... I have been trying to bake a cake for the last 3 days but my efforts have been hampered! No.1 Inner door of my oven exploded No.2 Rayburn handle broke off  so had to switch off rayburn too cool overnight and mess about swapping handles etc No.3 New handle just broke off as I was putting the cakes in (aaaaaaaagggggghhhhh). I've managed to wedge the door shut, I WaNt CaKe!!!! (The cakes turned out pretty bad hmmm crunchy cupcakes dammit)


but I still love you!
 On a more pleasant note I went to 'Last night of the Spring Proms' and it was amazing. One particular piece (Massenet - Meditation from Thais) had me in tears, it was played by violinist Ruth Palmer who is incredibly talented and played with such emotion and expression it blew me away. I've always thought I didn't like the violin as a good friend (sorry dear!) of mine learnt the violin as a child and the screechiness really put me off.  The crowd were mostly blue rinse wartime era folk and I did find it pretty surreal at the end as everyone was waving union jacks and singing Land of Hope and Glory and Rule Britannia! I was in the front row and I felt like a right lemon as I don't even know the words....and frankly I'm just not 90 yrs old yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...